Imagine a place… beautifully serene,
embodying peace, and epitomizing the deeply-rooted history of Pittsburgh's east hills. Imagine a place… that gives us the chance to think, feel, and reflect, while cradled in the comfort of nature. Imagine a place… that's more than just a place, really.
This is Plum Creek Cemetery - a non-denominational cemetery in Plum, PA, nurtured by people who respect each blade of grass, every monument, and every individual's requests and preferences.
Plum's largest cemetery, Plum Creek Cemetery covers a total of 113 acres, with 21,414 plots. Located at the corner of New Texas and Center-New Texas Roads, the Cemetery became a burial place in 1873. On February 12, 1907, the Presbyterian Church of Plum Creek deeded the property to a non-profit organization, governed by a deeded the property to a non-profit organization, governed by a board of nine directors.
This, we embrace.
Let children walk with Nature, let them see the beautiful blendings and communions of death and life, their joyous inseparable unity, as taught in woods and meadows, plains and mountains and streams of our blessed star, and they will learn that death is stingless indeed, and as beautiful as life.
- John Muir